Wedding DJ cost can vary from region to region and prices are dependent on many different factors. Here we look in more detail at costs for Wedding DJs:
Wedding DJ Cost
Budgets are often stretched when planning a wedding and it’s easy for costs to spiral so saving money is always a priority. Wedding entertainment and in particular, Wedding DJ hire, tends to be an area where couple’s have in the past, looked to compromise.
You can find a Wedding DJ for as little as £200 or as much as £2000.
So how much should I pay for a Wedding DJ?
If your marriage is taking place during the week or on a Sunday, chances are, you can expect to pay less than a wedding on a Saturday. Equally, if your wedding is in the peak season namely June, July or August, you can look to pay more money.
As a rough guide, expect to pay around 5% of your overall wedding budget on entertainment. For example: on a £10,000 wedding that will equate to around £500. On a £15,000 wedding that will equate to £750. This is merely an indication and there are many factors which will influence the cost of a Wedding DJ.
Why does the price of a Wedding DJ vary so much?
There are a number of factors that dictate the price of Wedding DJ hire. These include:
- How long you require the services. Is it just for an evening reception or daytime hire as well? Would you like the DJ to set up the equipment in the morning so you’re not disturbed during the daytime? Would you like wireless microphones for speeches? Background music during the Wedding Breakfast? Are you going to have a particularly late finish?
- The type and size of the venue. Is it outside in a marquee? Is it a large ballroom or an intimate function room?
- The amount of sound equipment required.
- The amount of lighting required. Would you like mood lighting to dress the venue as well as disco lights?
- The number of guests.
- The ease of access into the venue.
- The distance the DJ needs to travel.
- The type of music required. Are you looking for ‘a bit of everything’ or an evening of specialist music?
- Will you be providing a playlist of specific songs or leaving the music to the expertise of the DJ?
- Would you like to meet the Wedding DJ beforehand and have a planning meeting?
- Would you like the DJ to act as MC / Toastmaster so that they co-ordinate the day’s proceedings ?
These are just some of the considerations when looking at the cost to hire a Wedding DJ. As you can see there are a number of different factors to take into account and a lot of these will depend on your specific preferences and requirements.
Here at the Live Events Group we are experienced Wedding DJs who for many years, have been working at weddings across the whole of the UK. Please use the form below to contact us about your wedding and we will do our very best to help.
Related article: Wedding Entertainment Budget – How Much Does A Wedding DJ Cost?